Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Earliest Memories



After class on Friday, I got to thinking about some of my earliest memories. Now let me start by saying my life started out in the South, and I do mean the "South" as in Sharpsburg, Georgia. Yes, where we eat fried okra and grits, drink sweet tea and say ya'll, which I miss a lot by the way. I was the last baby born at the old downtown Newnan hospital, which is about 10 minutes from Sharpsburg. If you have ever heard of Alan Jackson, the country singer, this is where his journey began as well. All of my life I've experienced flash backs of the memory of the day I was born and even shared it with my mother to make sure it really happened. I was born March 28th, 1990, just about the middle of the spring. I vividly remember the day I was born. The little bed I was laying in was right up against a window in the old hospital. The bed sat up rather high so I could see out the window. Next to the window, there was a beautiful tree with freshly opened green leaves that gently flickered in the light spring breeze. I can remember looking out that window and just staring at that tree. Just born and I could already feel the sun beaming down on my face and was experiencing the beauty and wonder of nature. There are a lot of things I can't remember, but this is one that has never left my memory. 
 
My mother best describes me as wide open as a child, in other words, swinging from the chandeliers! Mom says I was crawling out of my playpen and baby bed at 9 months. She couldn't keep me fenced in for nothing.... LOL.   By the time I was 2 years old I had colored my big sisters' brand new white leather church shoes purple and colored a brand new mattress with my mothers bright red lip stick. These two more memories I remember clearly. Growing up the youngest of four, I had a LOT to keep up with! I just remember always wanting to know what all my siblings were doing and wanting to do everything they did and being disappointed because I couldn't so many times. When I couldn't talk one of my older siblings into playing I amused and entertained myself with my wild imagination. I was a little strawberry blonde girl full of hope and a pure heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment