Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Coincidence Within a Childhood Memory

 Throughout the weeks, I was undecided how I wanted to approach my final paper My Life As a Mythic Detective.  Meanwhile, I began thinking that I would include a few of my childhood memories that I found to be the most memorable and meaningful to me.

 
    One particular memory stood out the most.  This memory involves my older red headed brother Matt.  From the time I was born to about the age of 3 I used to cry a lot.  It use to bother my brother Matt, but not in a way that it was annoying.  It was more so in a way that I believe he felt bad for me.  Many evenings he would rock me to sleep, and while doing so he always sang to me an old hymn called "Peace Peace Wonderful Peace".
 
 
    This is one of the memories I have written about in my final paper.  The other day, I was talking with my Mother on the phone, and I was sharing what I had written my final paper about.  She was amazed with my paper and what I had written.  Mom brought up the memory I wrote about involving Matt and I and said that she was talking to Matt last week, and he had brought up the same memory to her.  I thought to myself,  "Well what a coincidence?".  Matt must have been reliving the same memory I was, pretty close to the same time I was.   I think Matt realized at that moment in his life how bad I really needed him, or better yet how bad he really needed me. 
 
 
This was a very special memory.  One that I will never forget as long as I live.  Even a coincidence can keep those memories alive. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment