Friday, April 5, 2013

Displacement Stories and Turner

As I was reading through everyone's blog, Aaron's struck me the most.  I found the way he displaced his story to be extremely clever. From the time we began reading it in class to when he disclosed it, I thought, "This could be about many different stories in Ovid's Metamorphosis".  This takes me back to reading the Signs and Symbols written by Vladimir Nabokov.  The way Aaron presented his story really kept me guessing and I'm sure many others as well.  I think everyone did exceptionally well writing their displacement stories. 
 
Thursday evening we had the pleasure of hearing author Fredrick Turner recite some of his wonderful poetry.  Turner has a way of drawing his audience in so they feel as if they are actually a part of what he has captured and presented in his writing. He sure did open the gate to my imagination as I was one who was privileged to be sitting in the crowd totally captivated by what I was hearing.  I am looking forward to actually hearing him speak his words of wisdom in Mythology class today.

No comments:

Post a Comment